Last Updated: March 5, 2018
Privacy Statement Related to Participation in Games
At the completion of a particular Game, and whenever otherwise necessary, RSM will provide a database of Participants ("Entrant Database") to Game Sponsor, and will securely destroy any personal information of Game Participants within a reasonable time, but not later than 120 days, after the transmission of the Entrant Database to Sponsor upon completion of the Game.
Information We Collect
Information you provide to us:
If you register to enter or participate in a Game, we will collect certain personal information provided by you, which includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and
certain other personal, professional and demographic information about you. Depending on the Game, and the Game Sponsor, we may also collect information about your employment.
We may also ask you survey questions, as requested by the Game Sponsor, or any third parties that are administering or helping service the Game on behalf of RSM or the Game Sponsor.
When you enter information into our Game Support page, we will collect such information including your name, email address, and comments in order to service your request, or answer your questions.
Information we collect about you while you use our services or access our website:
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we may also use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information about you ("Usage Information"), including information about your computer or other electronic device (e.g., mobile phone, laptop, tablet) being used to access our website, such as your operating system, hardware, mobile network; your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier"); along with information that is collected about your browsing session, such as the URL that linked you to our Website, and other webpages you visited before, after, and while you explored our Website.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see instructions below where we describe your Choices About the Use and Disclosure of Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit RSM, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). RSM or a third party service provider acting on our behalf may use web beacons to analyze usage and functionality of the Website.
Social media plug-ins
Collection of Personally Identifying Information from or about Children
The Games hosted on this Website are intended for adults 18 years of age or older. RSM does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we have information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
The information we learn in connection with the administration of Games will be used to fulfill the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us, including (i) conducting the Game, (ii) prize fulfillment, and (iii) providing future promotional information of interest from the Game Sponsor. RSM will share your personal information with the Game Sponsor and any other third party designated by the Game Sponsor.
RSM does not share Participants personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, other than the Sponsor of a Game for which you register and any third party designated by the Game Sponsor to facilitate, market or operationalize the Game. We may, however, share general information and aggregate statistics about the Games, not linked to a particular user or account, with third parties for both administrative and promotional purposes.
If we believe the disclosure is necessary, we may also disclose any personal information:
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization. dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of RSM's assets, when the personal information must be transferred as part of those assets;
- to comply with the law, including in response to a court order, valid legal process, or a government regulatory request;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of RSM, our Clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with entities for the purposes of fraud protection.
Choices About the Use and Disclosure of Your Information
With respect to any automatic data collection on our Website, or through our gaming service, we strive to inform you of your choices for controlling the collection and use of your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. RSM must provide your personal information to the Game Sponsor for purposes of fulfilling our responsibilities to our client (the Game Sponsor) and to allow you to participate in the Game for which you registered. You may also opt out of promotional and advertising message at any time by visiting your Game Sponsor page and opting out of such communications. If you have any questions regarding promotional messages or advertising related to a Game in which you entered, and you are unable to reach the Sponsor of your selected Game, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI website, and can obtain information about exercising your advertising choices including the use opt-out cookies and other technologies through the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. While we strive to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee the transmission of information over the Internet is completely secure all the time from third-party interception. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures. RSM shall not be held liable if any information about you is intercepted and used by an unintended recipient.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Do Not Track Disclosures
We and various other third parties may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). RSM's Website is not currently configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals. You can learn more about "Do Not Track" by clicking here.
California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California Civil Code 1798.83, once a year, residents of California who have an established business relationship with a company, have the right to request certain information with respect to types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes and the identity of those third parties with whom we shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.
As noted above, RSM does not share the personally identifiable information of consumers (Game Participants) with third parties for direct marketing purposes, other than the Sponsor of a Game for which the consumer registers and any third party designated by the Game Sponsor to facilitate, market or operationalize the Game. The Game Sponsor may elect to use the information the consumer provides RSM and Sponsor for a number of purposes, including the promotion and advertising of their products, services, and future Games.
Retail Sports Marketing, Inc.
10150 Mallard Creek Rd Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28262